Meet Attorney Mina Nami Khorrami
If you are looking for an attorney to defend your rights before the court or to help you with the complex procedures and paperwork of filing for bankruptcy, whether personal or business, Mina Nami Khorrami has the experience to help you through the process.
Mina has been a practicing bankruptcy lawyer in Columbus, Ohio for over 21 years. Prior to moving to Columbus, Ohio, Mina practiced bankruptcy law and litigation in St. Louis, Missouri for 6 years. Below are some highlights of Mina’s professional experience:
- Member and Vice-Chair of the Attorney Advisory Committee, a committee selected by the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Ohio for the purpose of working with the courts on issues important to the administration of the bankruptcy system in the Southern District of Ohio and to promote district wide collaborations;
- Member of the Chapter 13 Subcommittee, court appointed subcommittee of the Attorney Advisory Committee;
- Member and Trustee of the Credit Education Coalition, formed to educate both creditor and debtor representatives about the bankruptcy process, current cases and issues;
- Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy Law Institute Committee of the Columbus Bar Association in 2011 and 2012, which was responsible for organizing our two day bankruptcy seminar and recruiting national and local speakers to discuss current legal issues facing the Bankruptcy Bar;
- Member of the Bankruptcy Subcommittee of the Columbus Bar Association and frequent speaker on consumer bankruptcy law;
- Member of the Pro Bono Program of the US Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Ohio; and OSLSA’s Bankruptcy Pro Bono Project.
- Licensed in Ohio, Illinois, and Missouri; maintain membership in the Columbus Bar Association, Missouri Bar, the Credit Education Coalition, and National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA);
- Past Co-Chair and current member of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC);
- Member of the Standing Chapter 13 Committee and Chapter 13 Liaison Committee.
- Principal attorney focusing on Chapter 7 and 13 bankruptcy in Columbus for over twenty one years;
- Represented business clients in both Chapter 7 and 13 cases and co-counseled with other attorneys in representing clients in Chapter 11 cases;
- Represented clients before the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit.
- Former Associate at Compton, Wells & Hamburg in St. Louis, Missouri; handled civil litigation, represented a Chapter 7 trustee in bankruptcy cases, represented individuals and businesses in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 cases and successfully argued bankruptcy issues before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit;
- Former Associate at Vogler & Associates in St. Louis, Missouri; focused on civil litigation and gained exposure to bankruptcy law.
- J.D. from Valparaiso University School of Law, 1985;
- B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Missouri, 1982.
- Recipient of the 2013 Columbus Bar Association and Foundation Award for Outstanding Pro Bono Project – Bankruptcy.
Mina is a debt relief and bankruptcy lawyer in Columbus, Ohio focused on helping you through the complex bankruptcy process.